Thursday 2 February 2017

What is the most embarrassing moment that ever happened to you?

This happened at Mumbai airport after we had returned from our honeymoon. My husband had gone to collect our luggage as I stood in a corner, waiting for him.
Suddenly a couple of girls came towards me & asked me if I could pose for a selfie with them. I felt a little weird but I agreed.
Soon, people started coming in groups asking me for selfies & autographs. I was asking them the reason but they seemed to not hear me.
Just then my husband saw me surrounded by a group of people & rushed to my aid.
Kunal: What's going on? Why have you all surrounded my wife?
Me: I asked them the same, but no one is replying.
Kunal : hello, what's going on?
A middle aged woman in the group asking me: “Divyanka, who is this man?”
Me: “Divyanka? I am Ankeeta!!”
My husband: “she is my wife Ankeetaa & not Divyanka, pIease excuse us.”
We managed to push our way out where my elder brother-in-law & sister-in-law were waiting for us.
My SIL: “What took you guys so long?”
My husband patiently explained them everything.
My SIL: “Hmmmm. You do look a little like Divyanka.”
Me: “Who is she anyway?”
My SIL: “a famous TV actress” & she googled her pic to show me.
An awkward silence followed. Everyone knew about my desire to become an actress & a model before marriage.
Then my husband broke the silence & changed the topic by talking about my Motorboat ride experience.
I was lost in my thoughts wondering what if I had pursued my wish of being an actress & a model.
For those who don't know, Divyanka is a famous TV actress. I don't look remotely like her!! She is far more beautiful than I am.
Edit 1: A big thank you to all for reading my answer. As far as uploading my complete pic is concerned, I request everyone to respect my privacy. After this answer, I received a lot of abusive messages on my quora id, telling me how dare I compare myself to Divyanka. I didnot & I apologise to her fans. She definitely is more beautiful than I am. I am just a working woman in an MNC, while she is a popular TV actress.

1 comment: