Thursday 2 February 2017

What was your wedding night like?

Mine is an arranged marriage. Besides being from different cities & cultures, My husband & I also have an age difference of 4 years, he being elder to me.
It was our first moment alone together. After a week of ceremonies & almost 2 nights staying awake, we finally were alone in our bedroom.
He: Hi, I need to tell you something. But can I request you to keep it a secret?
Me: huh! Oh ok.
He: I had a gf in college & I was serious about her.
I was shocked! But then 2 months of courtship & being from different cities doesn't help your cause.
Me: why did you get married to me then?
He told me everything. I won't be sharing that here. So, please respect my privacy.
After he was done. He asks me:
He: so, how many bfs did you have?
Me: excuse me!
He: cmon you are so beautiful & a Delhi kudi, so I thought you must have had many.
Me: raising my eyebrows. Must you stereotype me?
He: lets talk about something else.
And we spoke like a girl & a boy would who have met for the first time in college campus.
We must have fallen asleep. For I was heavily sleepy with a throbbing headache when I heard a knock on the door.
It was 4:30 am. Time for another round of post-wedding rituals.

No comments:

Post a Comment